I believe that I should mention to them that they should think about putting child proof latches and locks on cupboards

I believe that I should mention to them that they should think about putting child proof latches and locks on cupboards, storage areas, etc. Some different things that you could do to prevent any types of poisoning is keep all chemicals or any things that could possibly be poisonous out of the child’s reach at all times. If you don’t do so your child could get curious and try to eat them. Second always make sure to keep all liquids and or medicines in their original container. Do not use food containers such as cups, bottles, or jars to store chemical products such as cleaning solutions or beauty products. Third you should never mix household items together. You should also always try to be aware of all medicines in your home or in any relatives home that your kids spent a lot of time in. Fifth you should not rely on child resistant packaging, it does not mean that it is child proof packaging. Always also be aware that all medicines including those intended for children are not always safe, if taken by others, even if just in small amounts. If you have any older child or a teen that manages their own medicines make sure they know and follow the family rules on safety storing medicine. You should also always supervise them to make sure they are taking the right dose of medicine. Also when your cleaning and using household chemicals, never leave bottles or buckets unattended if there is a small child present. The last thing that I would recommend doing is keep all kids away from house plants or plants around your yard that could be poisonous. Either put plants out of reach or buy only plants that are non poisonous. A few examples of toxic houseplants, include: rhododendron, English ivy, lily of the valley, and holiday plants such as holly and mistletoe. If you think your child might have got poisoned you should call poison control or your local family doctor.